Monday, November 26, 2012
Homeroom by the Beachside
Shengrong needed references for a replica of a prom event he's organizing for (I presume) his poly seniors, so he asked if I still had the proposal my batch did for our prom. I had long backed up the files from my old laptop into this laptop, but never really bothered to go arrange the files. Because of this, I was made (willingly, I must add) to go scour through the folders for the proposal we had written so long ago. I found it and compiled it into a .zip file and I must profess I still feel a sense of pride at having managed an event all by ourselves with practically no support at all from the school.
Instead of writing my paper like I'm supposed to (my paper is due on Wednesday!!!! And I have 2 other papers due on Friday), I went to poke around in the other folders and found a bunch of notes. I used to write notes on Notepad, and would save them for later reference but more often than not I would forget these notes hahaha. So rediscovering them now gives me kind of a strange feeling, as if I am looking at the scribblings of someone really different. I have really changed a lot.
Aside from a bunch of emo quotes LOL I also had a couple of notes containing lists of songs I intended to download but never did.
"With no names, no academic background or job, no gender or nationality, who are you?" – this single line was in one of the notes and I distinctly remember this from the Japanese drama 太陽と海の教室 (Taiyo to Umi no Kyooshitsu) – it means Homeroom by the Beachside, sounds romantic doesn't it hahaha – and this was what the main character Sakurai-sensei had told his students. It really resonated with me especially since then I was at (one of my many) low existential points (to quote Josh, HAHAHAHA). Even till today, I don't have an answer to this question. I think to answer this you have to understand yourself – your soul, the substance that makes you the sort of person that you are. But how can you put labels on something as arbitrary as this?
Ok and then there's this note titled "Epic Conversations". It was from when my early days of being in Sec 4 hahahah. The contents are as follows:
/ – Me
<< AiDeN >> – Darren Lee
(: happy face – Gabbie
/ says:
btw i looking for boyfriend. help me find. HAHAHAHAH
<< AiDeN >> says:
LOL wth?
(: happy face says:
hahahha crazy
<< AiDeN >> says:
why u suddenly want a boyfriend?
(: happy face says:
after o lvl then find lah you
<< AiDeN >> says:
EH
I GOT THIS GUY
/ says:
LOL? skarly is guai tai lai de
<< AiDeN >> says:
he isnt very smart, he demands alot of attention, but when u do the right thing, he can give u a good future, he doesnt know how to care for u now, but he will prepare everything for u
u want anot?
he quite despo one though
/ says:
sounds disgusting
go away man
LOL
<< AiDeN >> says:
but nice to be with de
(: happy face says:
errr you talking abt yourself?
<< AiDeN >> says:
LOL no~
/ says:
YA i was about to say the same thing
<< AiDeN >> says:
why
his name is O level lei
I know it's really only one conversation but I had intended to start a compilation HAHA. And of course I was kidding, I wasn't seriously looking for a boyfriend then.
I'M SO OLD NOW
----------------------------
|