Saturday, October 20, 2012
apricot poodles
Had the most splendid dream in the night leading into October 18.
The dream took place in a pet shop, illuminated by yellowish bright light, with high ceilings and rack after wooden rack of pet supplies.
In a section there were puppies in big cages with open tops. To be specific, baby poodles with apricot red, curly hair, and next to these cages stood a toddler boy.
I was with a girlfriend, whose face will remain unidentified now because I can't remember, and we were talking to the shopkeepers and were about to leave the store. We squatted down, level to the cages holding the poodles, and I reached in the cage to tickle one of the baby poodles, which was lying on its back. I don't really know how to explain what happened next, but the poodle made a sound that was a cross between a puppy's whimper and a baby's laughter. It was the most adorable thing I've ever heard and my heart melted. The boy laughed.
Suddenly my mind revealed to my dream self that this pet store and us all, were in Taiwan. I talked to the pet store owners and asked them, "Can Romney speak Chinese?" They said they didn't know. The idea that Romney could possibly speak Chinese made me feel sad, like with his ability to speak Chinese he would want to terrorize this peaceful place.
The distinct thought of moving to Taiwan if not for the language barrier germinated in my dream self's mind. I could speak Chinese, but I was acutely aware of how bad my Chinese was and how my English was so much better. But I was tempted to stay there forever, with the kind shopkeepers and baby apricot poodles and wooden racks.
What a happy dream. I woke up badly wanting an apricot poodle.
----------------------------
|