Friday, April 13, 2012
fat piece of lard
My Macbook battery is at 21% now and I'm making myself write cos I don't want to charge my laptop, I've used my laptop as much as it is for today... Spent the whole day watching the Liar Game drama.
So camp has officially concluded as of yesterday, spent 4 days in school (8th to 11th). The first two days were terrible, spent them hating the camp and most of the people around me every minute of it and wishing I could just walk off and go home. After camp I got home and took my nearly hour long shower and reflected on the whole camp, in the end I concluded that whilst there have been some upsides to the camp, the camp as a whole was quite a bad investment of my time and.. just a bad mistake, overall.
Pros:
- Made more friends
- Got to know some people I feel I can really talk to
- Sat back and people watched and tried to analyse their behaviours/personalities hahaha
- Had a few enjoyable bitching fests
- Learnt how the logistics side of the camp really works.. I've never actually dabbled logistics before!
- Erm I can tie up water bombs quite quickly now? Hahaha
- Made drinks in an ice tub
- Reaffirmed my beliefs on how messed up and irritating FMS (and its culture) is
- After camp I showered and fell asleep on my bed at 4 PM.. I woke up at 9 AM today after 17 hours of sleep! More on this later.
Cons:
- Lack of sleep, resulting in more pimples (slept at around 3 or 4 AM and woke up between 6 to 7 AM daily)
- Had to soak up in the whole culture of FMS, it being a FMS camp after all.. I felt like I was going to die.
- Got more tanned, and my tan lines got worse (as if they weren't bad enough to begin with :( )
- Had to deal with being treated like a mere lackey the whole camp
- Got annoyed and pissed at assholes like Woon Yong Lin and various constituents of his gang
- By the end of camp I developed a sore throat
- Stupid mandatory debriefs and meetings we were forced to attend although we would just sit there and do nothing but watch people bitch and moan about how misjudged they are
- Gained weight from camp wtf
I am so glad I am leaving FMS.
Oh yes, after camp yesterday I went to have lunch at Pizza Hut with Phoebe, Theo and Lindsay! We were all drunk on exhaustion. Phoebe also spat out the words "a fat piece of lard" to describe Woon Yong Lin and I find it hilarious HAHAHAHAHHA "HE'S JUST A FAT PIECE OF LARD"
Anyway after my shower at home, I turned on the laptop and used it for a while. I was lying on my bed and actually I felt pretty okay for a while but suddenly the exhaustion just hit me... And I do mean the bone-weary, muddled-mind sort of exhaustion. I haven't had that in a long time, not even this past semester where we were all so busy and got really little sleep. It was the sort of tiredness that could knock you out instantly, as soon as you allowed yourself to lie down and close your eyes. And that's what happened... I shut my Macbook, put it next to me, slid down and laid on my back (I was already on my bed), closed my eyes. I didn't even need to think to sleep, I just did. The next I knew it was morning – okay actually not really, I woke up once and realised it was dark outside already and the lights at home were turned on. I rolled around and felt the covers around me and vaguely wondered where my laptop was before drifting off to sleep at waking up in the morning at 9 AM again hahaha.
It was awesome and amazing to be able to fall asleep and have such a good rest like that, because that hasn't happened for over a year, I think. I almost feel tempted to just not sleep and tire myself out just to see if I can fall asleep like that again.
Okay more later, going to bed soon.
----------------------------
|