Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Hello. I met up with Terry earlier in the afternoon yesterday and I went to buy my shoes from Vans at Cineleisure. Hope they're comfy enough for dance. We walked around and talked, then sat down at KFC to talk more. I finally tried KFC's chocolate egg tarts, they were quite nice though I suppose they remind me a lot of the egg tarts from Fancy Delight at IMM. Suddenly I miss them and I feel like having some.
We headed over to Ngee Ann City afterwards and had dinner at Seoul Garden with the class (formerly T110, now T105).
All the photos are from Vanessa's Facebook.
Aravin and Izzy
Dynn and Michelle
Davin and Terry
Theo
Theo and I. I think I look terrible
Josh came a while later after his work. Happy belated birthday!!
That's about all the people who went. Phoebe and Vanessa aren't in any of the photos! Michelle's girlfriend came later as well.
Joyce wasn't there, wished she was around.
Aravin having some squid hahah
Aravin and I had a hearty conversation about Pokémon and Mdm Oen. LOL. How coincidental is it that Mdm Oen would transfer to his school (Seng Kang Secondary) after leaving mine? And that his brother knows Mdm Oen too, being from New Town Secondary, where Mdm Oen reigned before moving on to Fuhua. Hahaha
Terry left halfway to watch a movie with his cousin at Cineleisure.
TSK THEO.
Dinner was not bad I guess although there was way too much meat for my liking ha. I guess most people don't like veggies.
So after dinner, we decided to go to a pub. Michelle left with her girlfriend so eight of us - Dynn, Aravin, Josh, Theo, Davin, Vanessa, Phoebe and I - went.
The pub was across the road from Hard Rock Café. When we got there and made our way in I suddenly felt very self-conscious, everyone around looked so much older and surely, they'd be able to tell we look like kids?
The place we went to was Cuscaden Patio Café & Pub. It wasn't what I thought a pub was like at all, Phoebe told me this was a makeshift pub, not really like a real pub or bar. It was like in this shopping complex and the pub was on the basement floor and there was a pool table next to its shop space. And then they set up tables and chairs around, in the corridors next to shops that have already closed. Not that it was bad or anything but I thought all pubs were like those you see on TV, with people sitting and drinking at the counters and such haha. In an actual room. So I suppose it was rather intriguing.
Upon sitting down the waiter immediately asked for our ICs LOL. Those who were of age showed their cards and the rest of us kids didn't. So us kids weren't allowed to order alcoholic drinks. Dynn, Josh and Aravin shared a jug of beer.

Phoebe got Aravin to help her buy a drink. She got a Bailey's. We passed it around and I took a sip and then declared, "It tastes like antibiotics" HAHAHA. But the aftertaste was pretty good.

She also got another drink, the name of which I can't recall (Corley? Corlua?). Got wedges (which Davin paid for) and shared.
We left soon after and Terry came to look for us. Then we all left for home and Terry drove me home.
I hope it's not the onslaught of PMS that's making me feel this but I feel like shit.
Still, I'm trying my best to remain positive and not think about bad stuff. So unlike how I used to be right? But then there are things that still stay the same, like how self-conscious I am and how I always, always feel like I never fit in.
Yesterday I was talking to Puiling on Twitter and she told me I'm an interesting person and that she reads my blog. Hahaha I know she will read this eventually. Thank you so much. I miss those days in Sec 1, where we drew on you-know-who's skirt.
I feel like when I write on my blog I'm always writing for my friends from Fuhua to read. When I was writing the paragraph on Aravin and Mdm Oen just now I was fighting the urge to type "... transfer to his school (Seng Kang Secondary) after leaving ours", instead of "mine". We have all graduated and we've all moved on into the next stages of our lives, JC, poly, whatever-it-is. I'd like to think I acclimatize to change easily but the truth is, I don't at all. I don't.
Nobody understands the depth of my sentimentality.
Everyone likes to believe they're different because they want to stand out from the crowd. And it is true, that everyone is different and no two people are the same. But then there are people who are common, which is the reason why we have that fine line between "mainstream" and "obscure". When am I ever gonna step over the line? I'm sick of being in the "obscure".
I know I'm special and I know I'm very different but I just can't put my finger on what. Can someone tell me? And I love it, I love knowing I am different from others, it makes me feel like I'm on a different level (not that I feel superior, I just feel... Unique). At times, though, I get so sick of being different because it means I feel like I never fit in. When am I going to stop feeling like an outsider looking in?
I wish there was somewhere I could fit in without compromising my identity.
----------------------------
|