Saturday, October 1, 2011
Day 6
30 DAY POKÉMON CHALLENGE
Day 6 — Favorite Pokémon Videogame
The only Pokémon games I've ever played are Pokémon Silver, Pokémon Sapphire and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team. Although the storyline was cute, Mystery Dungeon Red was a little repetitive. I guess it's down to Silver or Sapphire but I cannot make up my mind. The last time I played Silver was ages ago, I think when I was P2 or something hahaha. I love the Pokémon from the first three generations, with a stronger preference for the ones of the first two generations. Advanced Generation (which Sapphire and Ruby is based on) had a huge saving grace in the novelty of Pokémon contests. The generations thereafter got too repetitive, with Pokémon that don't seem to have much meaning.
Oh yes, Pokémon really do have strong relations to animals in real life and that's one thing I really love. Like snake-Pokémon Ekans and its evolved form Arbok - smell their names backwards and you'd get "Snake" and "Kobra". Cool, isn't it? A Growlithe, despite its resemblance to a tiger due to its orange fur and black stripes, is actually a dog Pokémon. Which is why you see Officer Jenny with Growlithes (refer to Episode "The Case of the K9 Caper"), and why James from Team Rocket had a Growlithe when he was young and living with his affluent family (Episode "Holy Matrimony!").
Coming to the Advanced Generation and the Hoenn League, I can't help but feel the creators were getting a bit lazy in their work, and the Pokémon introduced in this generation do not seem to be as special as the ones in the older generations. But I guess it's not that bad, after all it's only the third generation. It got really unimaginative after that, in my opinion.
So why not pick Pokémon Silver as my favourite? Because the graphics sucked. Sapphire/Ruby were GOOD. It really set a benchmark for all the Pokémon games thereafter.
Answer: favourite two would be Pokémon Silver and Sapphire. :)
30 DAY LETTER CHALLENGE
Day 6 — A stranger
I am supposed to write a letter to a stranger.
A quote from somewhere went, "Strangers are friends waiting to happen." While this is true, I would like to point out that it's also fair to say "Strangers are enemies waiting to happen." LOL
Hmm in an attempt to be poetic I shall try writing an English haiku in the 5-7-5 formation
Stranger I see out
Hurry by in a hustle
We will never meet
Okay that did not sound poetic at all :( But I did follow the format!
I think it is true though how people just rush by. It's like seeing someone at the train station, maybe you might take note of their hair or clothes or shoes or whatever. Months later if you saw them again, unless they're really distinctive or you have a really good memory, chances are you won't remember them.
Really do not know how to write this letter so I am going to stop.
----------------------------
|