<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(//www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6658249510893766911?origin\x3dhttps://heartrecord.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Saturday, October 22, 2011
Bangkok, October 2011

Hmm, all right here are the photos from Bangkok haha.


Random photo of an opening at Chatuchak that leads to the gate we came in from. Took the photo cos I wanted to remember where we had to go to leave... But obviously it was a failure because my mum insisted on walking around aimlessly. Rule #1 at Chatuchak: NEVER walk around aimlessly thinking you'd be able to backtrack and return to your original starting point.. Because you won't. Despite having gone to Chatuchak so many times over the past few years, my mum still doesn't care.

We stayed at Asia Hotel - same as the last time. There was a restaurant across the road from the hotel that was really good. Thai food, of course. I think it makes sense to try the cuisine of the country you're visiting. It wouldn't really make sense if, say, you had Chinese food in America. Because that wouldn't be true-blue Chinese food.

So anyway, there were these cats outside the restaurant, which were strays that sort of belonged to the owners of the restaurant next to the one we were headed to. There was this small kitten the last time we went there (I've got the picture of it on my camera). This time, we saw it again! Only, it grew bigger.

There it is, hiding between those bricks.

Look at that cat perched on the vat hahaha.

Next I'm going to show you all the things I got.

That's about it. It isn't a lot, really. Wasn't too into the shopping mood. Shopping with my mum isn't as easy.

An Audrey Hepburn shirt... Because Audrey is the epitome of class and chic, ergo buy more Audrey Hepburn merchandise hahaha.
Small wallet for my cousin, who loves cats.

Rings... The flower one is for Kaiwen.

Two small bottles of nail polish. I really like the pink glittery one! Painted on my nails right now.

Two pairs of shoes that I bought. I'm aware that the platforms will definitely start appearing in the streets of Singapore soon, sigh. It's the trend for these types of shoes now. I HOPE NO ONE BRINGS THE OXFORDS INTO SINGAPORE, NO, NO, NO. I don't wanna see people wearing the same thing as I am all over the streets. Those shoes are lovely, what with the print and all. And it's really comfy, which is a huge cause for love, because I suck at buying shoes and always end up buying shoes that are too big/small/tight/narrow/just don't fit well. Even a shoe that's the right size for me can bite into my feet and give me blisters because I don't really check and test the shoes out properly before I buy them. :(

Our hotel room was illuminated by yellow light, so in the previous pictures the colour of the shoes weren't as accurate and you couldn't see some details. Above is a picture taken with flash.

We sat at the very first row of the section on our flight back. Had never sat there ever, before that flight. It was interesting because you had to pull out the tray tables and TV sets from the arm rest.

That sums up my trip. It was nothing much.

One funny incident that occurred was when I was returning to my hotel room one night. I was alone because my massage ended and my mum still had an hour to go so I returned alone. Soon after I entered the lift, two Singaporeans wanted to come in. The most distinctive thing about the man was that he was in a wheelchair. As for the lady, she was plump. She also seemed rather vain.

My room was on the 7th floor and I had already pressed the button for the 7th floor. The guy told his friend/girlfriend/wife/whoever to press the 8th floor button because she had forgotten. As she reached over to do it I pressed it for them instead and she mumbled a 'thank you'. We stood in silence for a few seconds as the lift drew itself up and then the guy said...

"Eh, 你不是说 7 楼有鬼咯?" ("Didn't you say there was a ghost on the 7th floor?")

To which the lady replied (in an exasperated and mock-dismissive tone), "Aiya, 每一间都有鬼啦!" ("Aiya, every room has a ghost!")

No doubt this was an attempt to scare (or as we would say in Singlish, deesiao) me. I wasn't afraid at all because I had stayed at the hotel before anyway. And the man just seemed to exudate airs of idiocy and immaturity. I decided to ignore them and not to care.

When the lift door opened, I took a few steps out. Before I was even out of earshot and their vision, I could hear the lady start to laugh and jokingly admonish the man as she crossed over to the side of the lift I had vacated to press the 'Close' button. And I couldn't help it. I turned around and... Gave them a smirk. HAHAHA

Seeing this, the woman released a shocked guffaw. As she started to tell the man that I smirked at them, the door closed.

I hope they did not mistake my expression as one of anxiety, because anxious I was not. But I know the extents of my emotionless face and I know how sometimes when I think I'm smiling nicely but it somehow turns out looking like a grimace-smile hybrid. It's terrible.


I hope my smirk was a good Draco Malfoy replica... Like:


Something like that, but more smart-ass and sardonic and arrogant. I guess you'll know what I mean if you've seen the movie and taken note of how snarky he looks when he smirks and make snide remarks at Harry Potter and gang.

If I can't reach that stage, I hope at least my smirk looked enigmatic and knowing... Like, You're a bunch of idiots do you really think I believe there are ghosts in the hotel? Idiots, begone!

Okay I Googled "enigmatic knowing smile" and a ton of Mona Lisa photos came up. Really? I've always thought Mona Lisa's smile was one of patience, calmness and benevolence. Like she's some tai-tai that just had afternoon tea and is now happily being painted.

I've got more photos, but they're all in my phone.

All the photos above are taken with my phone, which is why the quality isn't that good. Don't ask me why I haven't been using my camera... That's another story for another day.

----------------------------




hello.

17 years young. I enjoy sleeping.

For your stalking pleasure: September 2011 October 2011 November 2011 December 2011 January 2012 February 2012 March 2012 April 2012 May 2012 June 2012 July 2012 August 2012 September 2012 October 2012 November 2012 December 2012 January 2013 February 2013 March 2013 April 2013
skinned bypeanut butter, using a pattern fromstart-static & stocks from Pixeden.